Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Mind of a Writer: Breathe

The thoughts rush forward, as a consuming tsunami.
Wave after wave crashes soundlessly in the ocean of my mind.

Stop and breathe. Take a pause.
The earth and those in it are not what make up the creatures in the water.
No, only words. 
Countless, boundless words that breathe fire and give birth to questions.
Written, spoken, thoughts and whispers,
Words. Letters.
They write out fear and dreams.
Hope can alight with only a tone,
Fear can be crushed as ink flows at night.

Words. Floods of writing encompass and overtake me.
Not enough time in eternity, nor paper or pen, to hold all that bursts from within.
They are a feast for the soul.
Yet this continual fluidity pushes me to the brink;
I cannot breathe or grasp one thought for how many there are. 

Then, two words scream out of my conscious thought to my soul, my heart, my hand and my pen~

Ashley, write.



*So the inspiration to create this piece of writing is actually an expression of my mind before I went to work. Thoughts too many to count, and truly, I heard "Ashley, write". So I did, and this is what comes of a sleep deprived worker with words racing across her mind....I know I do not share very often my personal writings, the writings that come from something other stories or thoughts. Yet I thought to share this as a glimpse into my mind...

Peace & Blessings
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment