Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Where In the World is Ashley

      

It's August 6th, 2014. According to my timetable, I should have been in Hong Kong before June 1st, 2014. To say I'm disappointed, a bit discouraged, and maybe confused, would all be accurate. However, I am resting in the peace that I am always wherever I am at for a definite reason and purpose. There have been untold amounts of blessings I have been given, including investing in an awesome relationship with my father, seeing my family in Florida, reuniting with my brother, participating in my favorite youth and adult Christian retreats, as well as spending quality time with my amazing Sunday school students and making new friends with my pastor's family. However, this post is not about my new memories that I will carry with me back on my journey in Asia. This post is to let all you fabulous people know WHY I am not in Asia.

I am currently in the immigration process to get a residents visa with Hong Kong. I am officially accepted as YWAM Harbor City staff (Hong Kong). My pledged finances/partners are at approximately 40% of the minimum amount I need to successfully return to Hong Kong. Why am I still in the states? I do not believe it is only due to the finances, though logically, that is the main reason. I also believe there are people, seasons, events, and lesson that I have needed to meet, let go, attend, and learn.... Much has happened already, and much is to come. Not all have been good, not all have been bad. When I return to Hong Kong, I will return with new scars and wounds, new joys and memories. Such is life. 

I merely wanted to let those of you who are invested in me to know why I'm in the states. I love each of you, more than you could ever know, though I'm not the best with emotional words. As always, questions and comments are welcome!

Peace & Blessings
Ashley
Leave a Legacy That Will Make a Difference in the World Around You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment