Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Vulnerable

Oh the struggle to be vulnerable. We all have it, though some more than others. It is a hard thing to allow someone into your innermost mind. To see the monsters, the fears, the mistakes. It is even difficult for some to share their dreams, hopes, and ideas. We fight with the fear, and too often give into it. At some point in most our lives, our trust has been broken, and we learn to not be vulnerable. What's more, wea re taught by those around us to not be vulnerable and to suspect everyone. We have raised a generation of critics, doubters, and negativity. Is it no wonder that missions is ignored, and the homeless go unnoticed?

I have recently been at battle with the struggle to trust. You see, I have many examples of people I have trusted and been brutally disappointed by them in whom I placed that trust. Worse, I allowed myself to not be vulnerable to none but a few people. You see, to love, you must become vulnerable. Yet there is also the threat of that vulnerability being rejected, used, or ignored. When our few moments of vulnerability and trust is misused, many of our immediate responses is to completely shut down and vow to never allow our hearts to touch another soul again.

This is not what we a asked to do, by Christ. He calls us to a deeper relationship, not only with Him, but with others. Though the threat is huge, the reward is greater. The unity and strength that occurs after we allow others to see our wounds and victories is amazing. There is a simple, blessed beauty that radiates from such occurrences.

Though this is a shorter blog post, it is something that has been omy mind recently....to continue to trust others, despite being disappointed so many times...to be vulnerable, even if it hurts and others ignore it....this is the hard part of the calling, more than anything else, for me. To love others beyond measure, regardless of their reaction.

I will always strive to love, no matter the response. I will be who I am, and faithfully follow after the Father. I am not faultless, nor am I humble. I am honest, guarded, fearful, yet strong. Despite the inner struggle to allow anger and hurt to control my actions, I chose rather to be ruled by love, to continue to  trust and to be vulnerable. 

It is a difficult choice to make.

But it is one I am proud to have made.

Peace & Blessings
Ashley

~*~Leave a Legacy that will Make a Difference in the World Around You.~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment