Monday, December 1, 2014

Writing MyStory: A Time to Give Thanks.



"I don't need my name in lights, I'm famous in my Father's eyes."

Beyond comforting...this song has spoken so much to me this past week. For those of you who have followed my blog, every year around Thanksgiving I write a post reflecting on the past and the blessings God has provided throughout the year. This year, more than any other, I am grateful for lessons learned. I have also learned to apply the central points of those lesson, and hope that in the future, I continue to use the wisdom gained from 2014.One of the lessons I've learned is making changes to reflect who you are and want to be. Writing my story with pencil, and editing where needed.

I am entirely consumed with leaving a legacy. Something that lasts beyond the ages. I pray that generations from now, something I've done well will still be having an impact on people's lives. This however, is not a desire to be famous. I don't desire for the legacy to be about 'me'. I desire it to be centered on God. I have too far not to be focused on being who I am, and doing what I need (and LOVE) to do. Hence, the drastic changes in life.


I have come to the point that I no longer desire all's approval. Since I cannot please everyone, I shall only focus on pleasing the one that matters most- and I already have His approval. He loves me, with an unconditional, everlasting love. He supports the dreams in my heart, and made them even bigger. If a person chooses to support me through encouragement and prayer, I welcome it openly. However, I no longer allow unneeded negativity within my circle of life. I am writing my story, and I will make the bold move to edit people out of it if it will provide peace and a clearer path to where God is leading. I don't have time for baggage, hurt, depression and tears. I have had enough in my life, and I can now choose on whether to add to it or not. I say it stops here. It stops now. For 2015, I stand on the promise that surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life (Psalm 23). I thank God for bringing me this far. For the strength it has taken for this journey. For the people who have been there for me in more ways than one this year. For new relationships, for healing broken hearts. So many things to be grateful for- even the painful ones.

"He knows my name. I'm not living for applause, I'm already so adored~
it's all His stage, He knows my name."

Peace & Blessing
Ashley

1 comment: