Sunday, August 23, 2015

InvincibleStrong

She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings. ~Ariana

Life changes. Faster than you could ever expect and before you know it, you're finally in a place where you can sit and say you're happy. For the first time in awhile, I'm happy. Joyful. Content. I'm purchasing items to prepare for getting my own apartment. I've begun paperwork to finish my bachelor's degree. I'm back working in a juvenile detention center and this has brought me so much joy. Honestly, the position I'm in is the same I had four years ago in Waycross~ however, the needs at this facility are different and I'm serving as a P.E. coach primarily, with other duties secondary. I'm slowly fading out my waitress job and looking into getting a second job with a more predictable income than there. I'm constantly being challenged and frustrated and pushed~ but I'm growing and I'm loving it. 

As I turned 24 a few weeks ago, an inward change occurred. My previous plan to go to New York for the new year has shifted towards getting an apartment. I cannot afford a trip to NYC and an apartment~ and let's be real, an apartment is just as much on my bucket list as NYC. NYC can wait while I get myself on my own and independent again. This led me to thinking about what to do instead for the holidays. The gypsy bug is biting me and I desperately need some travel time to go off somewhere at some point this year. My heart is to use this to find a place that needs a volunteer and for me to plant myself there for a week or so (RYDC permitting). It may not be NYC, but it for sure will be fulfilling to both my gypsy and minister side. 

Well~ I suppose that's all for now. As always, if you have any questions please send a message/comment and I'll do my best to answer. God has shown me much favor and I just thought I'd share a little bit about it. :-)

Peace & Blessings
Ashley

~Leave a Legacy That Will Make a Difference in the World Around You.~


No comments:

Post a Comment